Due to Christmas falling on the 4th Tuesday, we moved Nightstand to Thursday this month. I had a good reading month, I got some review books read, some reviews written, and fit in some personal reads.
Here’s what I’ve been reading since last month. Click on over to Nightstand to join in the fun.
Books I read in the past month:
- Swann Dives In by Charles Salzberg (Review)
- Stardust: The Gift Edition by Neil Gaiman (Review)
- Bitter Brew: The Rise and Fall of Anheuser-Busch and America’s Kings of Beer by William Knoedelseder (Review)
- Christmas with Anne by LM Montgomery – as mentioned in my Fall Into Reading wrap-up, I blame Carrie at Reading to Know for this collection that I thoroughly enjoyed.
- The Twelve by Justin Cronin – book 2 in Cronin’s series about vampires.
- Falling Home by Karen White – I got After the Rain for review, and upon realizing it’s a sequel, decided to read this first novel first. I mostly enjoyed it, though it’s not without flaws.
- After the Rain by Karen White – Review to come. This was better written than Falling Home and I enjoyed revisiting the town of Walton, GA and its colorful inhabitants.
Books I listened to in the past month:
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton – Review to come.
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens – This was a re-read, I first listened to it a few years ago and decided it’s always good for this time of year.
On my nightstand:
- Afterwife by Polly Williams
- Eight Girls Taking Pictures by Whitney Otto
Here’s some of what’s in the review pipeline:
- The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier
- Cover of Snow by Jenny Milchman
- The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones
- The First Warm Evening of the Year by Jamie Saul
Personal reads I’d like to squeeze in, all of them waiting on the Kindle:
- Emma by Jane Austen (love free classics)
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
Other reviews and posts (links are to reviews):
That’s it for me this month. Check out 5 Minutes for Books for what’s on nightstands across e globe!